Friday, April 1, 2011

Meet Gina Scaletta-Nelson





Election 2011: 




Pleasantdale School 


Board of Education



Meet Gina Scaletta-Nelson


What is the primary reason you are running for this office?
I am running for the school board because I believe there needs to be a system of checks and balances in place that is not currently there. Also, communication is at an all time low and needs to be significantly improved. Finally, I feel my background and knowledge would make me an excellent board member who is willing to work hard to get things done and move this district forward.
What will be your single most important priority if you get elected?
I believe that the most important priority is to provide a system of checks and balances for the district administration. Our school district was recently fined $132,000 as the result of an oversight by three administrators and no one was held accountable. Our tax payers work hard for their money and deserve better than that.
What sets you apart from the other candidates?
What sets me apart from the other candidates is that I grew up in this district and I
attended Pleasantdale as a child; my roots are here. This school district once had a
wonderful sense of community where communication played a key role. I’d like to see that sense of community returned to our school district. I think the phrase, “There is a school in every community, but not community in every school” sums it up best.

How long have you lived in district?
I have lived in this school district for 45 years.

What's your favorite thing about the district?
I enjoy the small town feel of our district. I loved growing up in this community and am grateful for all the opportunities it provided me while growing up.

What is the biggest problem in the district?
I think that lack of communication is the reason for many of the district’s problems. It was one of the reasons they were fined $132,000. There needs to be accountability in our school district as well. To hear a community leader say that they sent numerous emails and left countless phone messages to a middle school administrator in regard to a township wide project and never got a response is just not acceptable. There must be a system in place where this kind of thing does not happen.



No comments: