Monday, June 1, 2009

The Middle School Talent Show

I just wanted to congratulate the students at the middle school for the awesome performance this morning in the talent show, they were all great.

I have to comment on the final performance. I am still speechless after watching and witnessing what happened this morning.

The final talent was Delaney B. She got up there and did a song from High School Musical. And to my surprise the girls from "Dynamite Dancers" which performed earlier, came out and accompanied Delaney in the background with a dance. I was sitting all the way in the back and I could just see the joy in this little girl's face when those girls came out to back her up. She finished her song and the whole audience stood up and applauded her. It was the most amazing sight.

I know the moms sitting around me did not have a dry eye. It was just so beautiful.

What I want to say is YOU GO Delaney! And I am so proud of that group of girls that came out to support and accompany Delaney. I think that was such a wonderful act of friendship and kindness.

These are the things that I like to see going on in our school.

Hats off to everyone that worked on putting this talent show together! It was awesome!

Patty Gioia

1 comment:

A Ticked Off Parent said...

I would have liked to have gone to the talent show. I thought it was going to be on Tues. night but it got switched to Monday morning.

With two activities going on, one at each building, it is sad to have to chose between children as to what to attend. Why didn't the two schools coorinate these activities? Our two schools need to get their act together to bring families together, not divide them apart by making them chose one child over another.

Did anyone at the middle school video tape the talent show so parents who could not make it can see it?