Sunday, June 14, 2009

I'll Never Survive Summer

My kids no longer require sleep. It's bizarre. Everyone has really stuffy noses too, so I can hear them sniffling all night long, yet they don't sleep in and they don't nap and they don't go to bed at night.

I never left the house yesterday. I didn't wash my hair. The kids weren't sure what was going on, because we go somewhere every day. After spending so much time in my house, I've determined my house is a mess and it should be burned down.

The kids run from room to room to room and destroy stuff and it's like watching a constant train wreck.

"Let's dump all the robots out and play with them for 2 minutes."

"Let's get out yarn and the hole punch and glue and paper and scissors and 200 crayons and all the markers and let's play with that for 1 minute."

"Let's eat three bites out of each nectarine and leave it."

"Let's play paper dolls and make new clothes for them and cut a trillion tiny pieces of paper and leave them all over the floor."

"Let's take all the cushions off the couch and pile them in the corner."

"I know! Let's change our clothes AGAIN."

"Let's read and take every single book off the bookshelf."

"I want to play the computer. No I do. No I do. No I do."

"Let's get out our Dora house, our Little People house, our Barbie house and let's make a city where the Barbies play with the Little People, and c'mon in boys and bring the robots AND their cars."

"Let's add all the stuffed animals TOO!"

"Wait. Weren't we cutting stuff up? Let's leave this and go do that again!"

"Let's take out our tents and bring out all our play food."

"I'm hungry, let's rip open the side of the wheat thins and have them explode all over the floor."

"I know. I know. Let's poop in the toilet AGAIN and not flush it!!!!!"

No wonder my grandmother used to throw us outside in Phoenix when it was a 115 degrees out. I feel you, Grandma. I threw mine out yesterday two or three times. All I know is that I'm never going to survive the summer. When do summer classes start again? Oh wait, when does SCHOOL START????? Was I all sad or something a couple days ago? I'm already over that!!!!

Reprinted with permission from Michelle at Triplets Plus One = Four Times The Fun
http://fourtimesthefun.blogspot.com/


No comments: