Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sincere Appreciation

This holiday greeting was sent to a teacher from their district superintendent. We have redacted the district and superintendent's name to respect the privacy of our reader.

Happy Holidays!

I've been searching for some private time to write to all of you. It hasn't been easy finding it. I know that as my busy time has intensified, so has yours.

I spend my nights (after some form of dinner, then homework and a daily summary with my girls) looking over who we are... what District ( ) is. We know that nothing is more important than the time we spend with our students. No matter how our grades and scores go up, nothing is more important than how we feel when we are doing our jobs. Teaching is emotional and intuitive. Teaching is THE form and source of intrinsic motivation. We do it because it because we love it. There is no other way about it.

When we teach, when we look into their eyes, we have to know what they need. We do our part everyday. We're responsible, we're professional, we work, and we care. We dedicate our lives, our hearts, our minds, and our time to our students. We've already made that commitment; so we do it everyday. Our lives are the subjects we teach, the phone calls we handle, the emails we send and receive, the schools we clean, the buses we drive, the childrenwe meet everyday. They are our lives. It is the part of this job that I miss each and every day.

You have the power to give that gift everyday. What an amazing power! You, everyday, whether you teach, you feed, you drive, you service, you clean, have the power to make life better for someone else. Nowhere else in the world can one hold that priceless gift!

You give me that gift everyday. Thank you! I want to give it to you, too. Let's give a great life to our students; they all deserve it. We have the power to make their lives better, to make our schools better, and to make this city, and the world, better. Show them through your work, and tell them with your words. As we give, so shall we receive.

Thank you for making my life better. I appreciate every one of you. Sometimes, the gifts are hard to unwrap, but every lesson I have learned from all of you has made my life better. I sincerely hope I can do the same for all of you. I love the opportunity we have here in district ( ). I love that we can make life better for our students, and I love that you are giving your gift to them everyday!

Please have a restful, joyful, and absolutely beautiful holiday! You all deserve the very best life has to offer.

Keeping Kids First!

( ) Superintendent

No comments: