Monday, February 23, 2009

We Need Your Help!

We are currently conducting research in the community.

"What information from Pleasantdale School does the community need and want?"

In other words, what information do you, as a member of the school district 107 community, want and need? For example, do you want a more frequent Friday packet instead of twice a month? Do you want more information on the website in regard to what your child is doing in the classroom? Do you want a weekly newsletter from the teacher? Do you want more detail on where your tax dollars are being spent?

Please let us know what information you need and want. As always, comments can be signed, left anonymously or if you don't want your comments to appear on the blog, you can email your comments to pleasantdaleschoolblog@gmail.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacqueline Mesec...

It's great to see that we are finally being asked what we would like to see in terms of communication. I have a first grader and the teacher does communicate on a weekly basis the general overview of the week. I would hope that continues throughout his education at Pleasantdale.

Since roughly 52% of property taxes in Willow Springs go towards our schools, I would like to know where the money is spent. I am disappointed that we would spend $200K on a new front office for the Elementary for "Security". That's a lot of money for a problem that does not exist. What's wrong with the current system? How about some updated books? Just a thought....

Anonymous said...

I would like to receive the Friday packet on a weekly basis. I currently do not receive it electronically, but am willing to switch if we went back to weekly.

Anonymous said...

I would like STI to be current.

It is frustrating for a child that has spent hours completing a project to have to wait over a week to see his grade.

Anonymous said...

I would like to see more transparency in what the administration is doing. It always seems so secretive. I am new. When I ask questions, they are never addressed. I find that oddly disturbing.